Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 8:17 AM
Area of Interest: Product Development - Design
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Graphic Designer, Print -- West Elm Collection, West Elm Workspace, West Elm Hospitality
Who we are:
Since our first catalog launch in 2002; our brand, our stores, our story is continually evolving. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, hard working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Our corporate office is located in the D.U.M.B.O district of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a community driven company and are happy to call Brooklyn our home.
This role is responsible for creating design concepts for all seasonal branding efforts, in relation to our new business brands: West Elm Collection, West Elm Workspace, and West Elm Hotels. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the director of creative, art director and project manager in addition to collaborating on cross-channel projects from design concept through to completion.
This is a small and new team that reports to the Director of Creative, and works closely with the SVP of Product Development. This enables us to translate initial product design concepts into printed materials, web and social media assets, and video related to West Elm Collection, Workspace, and Hotels. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing brand, setting new design and art direction standards in a start-up environment. Social, editorial, merchant, marketing and photo production teams partner with the graphic designer.
* Assist art director to develop and execute original concepts for brand expanding initiatives, catalog layout, website type and layout direction, marketing campaigns, events and brand collateral.
* Work closely with project managers, art director, copywriters and merchants to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project.
* Collaborate with brand creative team for type/ graphic treatments.
* Accurately follow existing templates and standards for core branded items
* Maintain and enforce the company brand standards
* Independently adhere to project calendar, manage time and prioritize daily workload.
* Excellent typography and layout skills.
* Fluent in in-design, illustrator and Photoshop.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute to your team
* Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
* Are a strong multi-tasker who is good at juggling multiple projects with varying deadlines
* Have a passion for graphic design and typesetting
* Develop smart, thoughtful and creative concepts
* Have strong communication skills
* Are proactive, organized and efficient
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
* Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
Additional Preferred Skills:
* Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, BFA Graphic Design
* Handlettering and illustration skills
* Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Photo retouching skills
* Strong knowledge of print production
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Brooklyn
• Post ID: 97007950 brooklyn