Posted: Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:19 AM
Area of Interest: Creative Services
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Junior Copywriter, eCommerce -- West Elm
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The Junior Copywriter role is responsible for supporting the ecommerce team's copy writing and editing needs across the many digital touch points at west elm. Part of a lean team, this is not your standard 9-5 job and we're looking for candidates who are team players, problem solvers and multi-taskers. If you are a whip-smart writer, grammar whiz, and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, then this is the job for you.
Whether it's a promotional subject line for an email that really pops or an editorial story for a landing page that thinks outside the box, this role acts as a storyteller who creates memorable copy that enhances our customer's experience and contextualizes our products. This role requires candidates who thrive under deadlines, love collaborating with cross-channel partners, taking the lead on specific projects, agile in responding to last-minute changes with a positive attitude, seeks feedback and eager to pitch in on product copywriting needs. The right candidate should also be a visual storyteller with experience working alongside digital graphic designers.
A love of furniture + home goods and a sense of humor helps, too. You'll report to the Manager of Ecommerce Copy and work closely with the copy, product information, digital design, site management and ecommerce teams. With its broad exposure to west elm's editorial processes, this role could eventually grow into a more senior copywriting position. This role provides a solid foundation of seeing what goes into building a strong ecommerce brand as well as an opportunity to be a part of a global ecommerce team that's a leader in the online home retailer space.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsible for writing engaging copy that inspires and informs the west elm customer across all channels. Including:
* Write ecommerce brand content for: Email campaigns, homepages, landing pages, target display ads, Facebook canvas ads, in-line content blocks, auto-trigger series and various other channels for US markets (10-15 projects a day)
* Participate in concepting process for major promotions
* Assist Manager of Ecommerce Copy with concepting new launches and other projects as needed.
* Contribute to team copy needs, including seasonal site strategies, content and homepage updates.
* Honing our voice and ensure consistency across all assets
* Work with copywriters to manage collateral for cross-channel campaigns including but not limited to store events, pop-up shops and college marketing,
* Assist in writing engaging, informative copy and bullet points for online product information pages (PIPs).
* Create and maintain reference databases for key projects including subject lines, global nav copy and product naming
* Bachelor's degree in language arts, journalism or other related field.
* 1-2 years of experience in copywriting for commerce or online publications.
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
* Write quickly and efficiently without forgetting the details or missing the typos in a fast paced environment with the highest degree of accuracy.
* Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work successfully as part of a cross-functional team.
* A results-oriented approach with the ability to creatively resolve issues and offer optional solutions.
* Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
* Ability to think strategically and act decisively.
* Thrives in a dynamic creative environments.
* Online fluency (websites, blogs, etc.) and the curiosity to always learn more.
* Technical aptitude and the ability to learn company systems with high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Knowledge of basic HTML and/or other web programs is a plus.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Brooklyn
• Post ID: 117009113 brooklyn