Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 8:14 AM
Area of Interest: E-Commerce
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Manager, eCommerce Merchandising - Furniture - West Elm
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The eCommerce Furniture Merchandise Manager's role is to execute online business initiatives and visual merchandising strategies to increase overall revenue and website conversion. The Manager will be responsible for analyzing the weekly business of the Furniture division and maximize any opportunity to increase overall eComm & catalog sales. By overseeing the largest business division for the West Elm brand, this person will also be the key strategic merchandising liaison with Digital Design & Copy to help ensure cohesion for all outbound marketing across business divisions.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic-thinker with excellent attention to detail that can quickly grasp the big picture and formulate a plan of attack. The optimal candidate is a strong, vocal communicator who is fearless about jumping in and getting their hands dirty, but also able to help spearhead a project with passion and determination. This person should be able to speak up about issues they see and can re-prioritize easily and pivot quickly without hesitation. This person will be a collaborative partner to a variety of cross-functional teams including buying, marketing, production and photo and will therefore need to be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for someone who can manage people, but also enjoys being involved in the process. Background in the home industry would be highly valued, but proof of driving a high volume business is also a great asset.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Manage the product launch of all items within the Furniture division for Main Brand and Contract.
* Has 2 direct reports, the Assistant Furniture Merchandise Mgr and Merch Coordinator.
* Work with the Buying and Planning teams to merchandise the website on a weekly basis.
* Develop eCommerce merchandising strategies to achieve Furniture revenue and conversion goals. *Perform weekly analysis to identify opportunities for the channel and communicate opportunities and findings to cross channel partners.
* Analyze site metrics to connect web behavioral profiles to customer, sales, and merchandising data.
* Coordinate with Planning, Marketing and Creative teams to determine product placements for all outbound digital marketing.
* Work closely with Internet creative team and U/X to develop image, content, features, promos, and landing pages within website to drive sales.
* Oversee all photo shot lists for all new furniture product launches and any reshoots.
* Participate in eCommerce and Catalog photography and help ensure the photos meet the brand style guide.
* Participate in weekly site testing to ensure correct presentation and product data integrity.
* Work with web merch analysts to ensure that Product is set up accurately.
* Attend key product development meetings and investment reviews.
* Keep abreast of market trends, consumer trends, competition, customer service issues, and eCommerce technology and dynamics.
* Perform and maintain competitive website analysis
* Help to shape the Product Information Video strategy for Furniture division and execution of those videos.
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
* Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
* Are curious about eCommerce and always looking to see what is happening and shifting in the industry.
* Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business
* Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
* Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
* Are willing to stand up to a request that would not be within the customer's best interest, but also flexible to try new things.
* Are persistently pleasant and pleasantly persistent.
* 5 yrs eCom Merchandising experience
* BA/BS required
* Advanced Excel skills required
* People--management skills
* Strong web analytics experience highly preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Brooklyn
• Post ID: 97007951 brooklyn