You will be loading company vehicles and delivering materials, supplies, tools and equipment to company and customer locations. Join our team to make a difference, because when all is said and done, better matters.
• Loading and delivering supplies both indoors and outdoors.
• Driving various types of supply vehicles up to 18,000 lbs., maximum gross weight (MGW).
• Checking receipts and material being delivered.
• Lifting and carrying large items (boxes, moving palettes, etc.) generally with the assistance of others.
• Must meet required test results for this position in accordance with company policy.
• Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job.
• Experience using power work equipment including; hoists, booms, forklifts and work savers.
• Must have a Commercial Driver’s License Class B at the time of hire.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard transmission may be required in some locations except Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
• Must be able to move and/or lift items such as company equipment and other objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
• Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate.
Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $529.00 - $1402.00
This opportunity is a full time temporary three year assignment. Applicants must have a valid Class A or B CDL at the time of hire. Preferred qualification of a minimum of three years driving experience. The work tours may vary but standard tours are scheduled between Monday through Sunday from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM with weekends, evenings, overtime and holidays as needed by the business.
Applicant may be required to work out of other garages within the borough depending on the needs of the business including 70 Central Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 5415 Foster Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 1919 Neptune Avenue, Brooklyn, NY and 230 43rd Street, Brooklyn, NY.
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Driver A & B SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2359988-driver-b
• Post ID: 150878937 brooklyn