As the Field Operations Manager you’ll report to the Area Manager – Installation and Maintenance/Construction. You'll manage a diverse team of 20+ Field Technicians responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining outside plant copper and fiber facilities. Safety, quality issues, workforce performance, feedback and training, and labor relations will all be on your radar. It's Verizon’s customer-first culture that sets us apart. Come be a part of this incredible hands-on team!
- Develop action plans to mitigate service issues.
- Proactively collaborate with labor/union.
- Lead, motivate, develop and coach Technicians.
- Bachelor'sdegree orfour or more years of workexperience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years ofknowledge of installation and maintenance on copper or fiber technology.
- Three or moreyears of supervisory experience in a field operations environment.
- Experience in administering processes and policies as they relate to: safety, attendance, performance work rules and code of conduct.
- Experience in reading and interpreting engineering / construction work prints.
- Experience with communication systems and tools.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Available to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and after hours and on call as required for the needs of the business.
- Experience providing training, feedback and motivation to employees.
- Valid Driver’s License
Ideally, you will also have:
- Knowledge of employment/labor laws. Union employee management experience.
- Military experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret labor contracts/collective bargaining agreements.
- Outside Plant Construction, electronics and placing/splicing copper/fiber.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6648769-field-operations-manager
• Post ID: 96385294 brooklyn