You will support the overall direction and development of the Health and Wellness programs for employees at Verizon Wireless. You will facilitate fitness assessments (including health history, height, weight, circumference measurements, body composition, heart rate, blood pressure, 3 minute step testing, flexibility testing through the use of a sit and reach test, and muscular strength and endurance tests utilizing push-up and sit-up protocols). You will conduct equipment orientations including both cardiovascular and resistance equipment, provide one-on-one- training, group training, nutritional advice and exercise prescriptions. In addition, you will ensure a safe and clean facility by checking equipment, addressing and correcting malfunctions and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies. Members will look to you to assist them in charting their attendance and progress. You will be responsible for the development of incentive programs and motivation programs, assisting with health promotion activities including seminars, lectures and workshops on a variety of health and wellness topics including nutrition, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, time and stress management, relaxation techniques, and more. The types of programs you will be involved in include: flu shots, wellness messages, health screenings, motivational programs, smoking cessation classes, blood drives, body composition and blood pressure checks, massage therapy, charitable events and more.
- A Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or a related field or equivalent experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Certification.
- Experience with fitness testing and personal training required. Group exercise instructor experience and certified in Pilates specifically the Reformer.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced work environment.
- A genuine commitment to encourage and motivate others to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle through personal example.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6612874-health-and-wellness-coordinator